To work at Dollar Tree, you must be at least 18 years old. This is because federal law requires individuals to be 18 years or older to work in most retail environments. Some states may have different age requirements, so it is always best to check with your local Dollar Tree store for more information.
Additionally, some positions at Dollar Tree may require you to be 21 years or older due to the specific duties of the job. For example, if you are applying for a position as a store manager, you may need to be 21 years or older due to the responsibilities of the role. It is always best to check the job posting for the position you are interested in to determine the specific age requirements.
Dollar Tree Job Requirements
To be considered for a job at Dollar Tree, you must meet certain requirements. These may include:
- A minimum age requirement (varies by location)
- Availability to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience in a retail or customer service role is preferred but not required
- A willingness to learn and adapt to Dollar Tree’s policies and procedures
- Adherence to Dollar Tree’s dress code and grooming standards.
In addition to these general requirements, the specific job you are applying for may have additional requirements. For example, a position as a store manager may require prior management experience or a specific educational background. It is always best to check the job posting for the position you are interested in to determine the specific requirements.
Does Dollar Tree Hire at 16?
It depends on the location and the specific position you are applying for. Some Dollar Tree stores may hire individuals who are 16 years old, but this is not guaranteed.