Barnes And Noble Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Barnes And Noble receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Barnes And Noble can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
Barnes & Noble, Inc., a Fortune 500 company, is the bookseller with the largest number of retail outlets in the United States, and a retailer of content, digital media, and educational products. As of October 15, 2017, the company operates 633 retail stores in all 50 U.S. states. Barnes & Noble operates mainly through its Barnes & Noble Booksellers chain of bookstores. The company’s headquarters are at 122 Fifth Avenue in New York City.
Barnes And Noble Job Opportunities & Application Process
Barnes And Noble receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Barnes And Noble, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Barista/Cafe Server: As a Cafe Server, you sell our products and deliver world-class customer service through your commitment to our four core service principles. You have a passion for what you do and enrich the customer’s experience by sharing your knowledge to determine the customer’s needs. You assist in the daily operations of the cafe, and make the store experience interactive and engaging.
• You sell and share your knowledge with customers and other cafe servers, contributing to the overall success of your store.
• You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers.
• You acknowledge, greet, and listen effectively to customers to ensure courteous and quick service.
• You take the initiative to expand your knowledge and understanding of the business.
• You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the store.
• You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
• You work in the cafe and on the selling floor as needed, which requires physical activity, including maneuvering around the store including back rooms, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting.
• Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
• You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.
Assistant Store Manager: As an Assistant Store Manager, you are responsible for the daily operations of the store. You deliver sales goals year-over-year by supporting the store manager and ensure the store team provides exceptional customer service through our four core service principles and superior customer engagement. When acting as the manager-on-duty, you will drive sales by observing and coaching booksellers to deliver positive customer interactions and operational excellence. You help to recruit and select the best talent for your store. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
• Strong delegation, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
• Spend the majority of time on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing)
• Availability for early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays to align with store needs
• College degree preferred
• At least three years of retail management experience.
Barnes And Noble Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Barnes And Noble to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Work Facts of Barnes And Noble
- 16 years old
Barnes And Noble Working Hours
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-10:00pm; Friday-Saturday: 9:00am-11:00pm; Sunday: 9:00am-9:00pm
Open Positions: Bookseller, Lead Bookseller, Customer Service Representative, Cashier, Head Cashier, Merchandise Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Cafe Manager, Cafe Lead, Cafe Server, Sales Manager, Production Manager, Receiving Manager, , Merchandise Planner, Digital Sales Lead
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Barnes And Noble Jobs: visit Official Site.