Fairway Market Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Fairway Market receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Fairway Market can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
In 1954, Nathan and his son, Leo, partnered to create the beginnings of the first store at 74th St. and Broadway. At this time they decided to rename the business and Leo’s wife (Cynthia) suggested using the name Fairway because her own father had successfully operated a business under that name. She felt it was a lucky name. In 1974, after having grown up learning the family trade, Leo’s son, Howie Glickberg, came into the business with a bigger dream and grander vision of growing Fairway. Howie inherited sawdust covered wooden floors, item racks supported by milk crates, and a square footage that only had room for four cash registers. With an extraordinary work ethic, Howie wasted no time looking for opportunities to expand, and soon Fairway lived up to its slogan “LIKE NO OTHER MARKET®,” which is a registered trademark of the company. He brought in two partners, Harold Seybert and David Sneddon, and together the three of them catapulted Fairway well beyond anything that Howie’s grandfather, Nathan, could have imagined.
Fairway Market Job Opportunities & Application Process
Fairway Market receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Fairway Market, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Role and Responsibilities:
Fairway Market wants to ensure that all of our customers are receiving the best shopping experience each time they walk into our store. The essential duties for a Café clerk are to provide excellent, friendly, upbeat customer service while preparing and serving a wide variety of café products. As a Café clerk, your passion for assisting others and providing catering knowledge and products will help the operations inside your store.
• To monitor, clean and organize the cafe area and complete shift duties
• Prepare all orders according to product procedure manual
• Complete all front-of-the-house (FOH) functions on an opening, mid- or closing shift, proper café ambience, housekeeping and set-up, food and beverage quality, safety and pace
• Ensure product availability, adhere to merchandising guidelines and receive department loads
• Adhere to all procedural guidelines set by the Food Service Department
• Serve customers efficiently through knowledge of café products and menus, as well as product selection
• Make sure items are properly priced in a timely manner
• Receive loads while keeping an eye out for freshness and conditions of products
• Keep department and equipment clean at all times, following company and department sanitation guidelines
• Observe safe and sanitary food handling practices at all times including, but not limited to, proper hand washing, use of food handler gloves, hair restraints, storing product in appropriate areas, etc. Maintain daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules
• Maintain proper temperature and humidity levels for cafe products
• Properly prepare orders that are to be submitted in a timely manner
• Ensure accuracy in regards to receiving orders and stocking items
• Set up, organize and maintain professional item display of products for the customers
• Maintain professional appearance at all times. Serve as a role model and lead by example.
• Proactively engage customers, promote product and sales, build customer relationships, and provide G.R.E.A.T. customer service that encourages customer loyalty and add value to the Fairway brand
• Work collaboratively with fellow employees and managers and recognize teamwork and diversity throughout the store to resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner
• Maintain a strong time and attendance record to ensure the smooth flow of departmental operations
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment by practicing high standards of food and human safety and sanitation techniques provided by Fairway work rules, policies and Health Department regulations
• Replenish department supplies frequently to ensure efficiency of workflow and employee job tasks
• Adhere to all department-related and company-related work rules and policies while upholding Fairway’s core values of integrity, respect and excellence
• Attend mandatory trainings and recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning. Provide feedback to management to help improve operations
• Perform miscellaneous roles assigned by management that would help the team on an as-needed basis
Who apply for the Café clerk position must possess the following skills:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proactive approach to customer service
• Strong customer service skills and ability to interact with other people and participate actively in department and staff meetings
• Strong teamwork and diversity awareness and ability to recognize and welcome differences among people and resolve conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner
• Organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize requests and department activities
• Problem-solving skills to effectively assist customers in a wide range of different transactions and other service related issues
• Meet physical demands required for the position
• Effective communication skills and ability to read, write and comprehend English
• Availability to work weekends, holidays and other prime times of business
• Must be at least 18 years old to work in the café department
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Continuous interaction with customers and coworkers in a fast-paced work environment
• Exposure to various food allergens throughout the store
• Frequent motions such as standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, lifting and reaching
• Working in an environment with fluctuating temperatures
• Standing and walking for 4-6 hours at a time
• Must have basic math skills which include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as department manual
• Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and balance friendliness with efficiency while maintaining focus
Work Facts of Fairway Market
- 18 years old
Fairway Market Working Hours
- Open every day: 8:00am-10:00pm
- Kitchen Porter, Quality Technician, Store Clerks, Meat Clerk (Open Availability), Deli Clerk (Open Availability), Customer Service, Cafe Clerk, Wine and Spirits Cashier, Night Grocery Clerk, Floor Manager, Cheese Clerk, Butcher, Cook, Bread Mixer.
Fairway Market Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Fairway Market to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Fairway Market Jobs: Official Site