JCPenney Employment Process
As an outgrowing and developing company, JCPenney receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at JCPenney can either provide their online application or directly can contact human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, the only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
A chain of mid-range departmental stores sprouting throughout the US, JCPenney, has more than 1060 locations across the landmass that generates revenue close to $12 billion annually. This helps it support over 114,000 jobs and families making it one of the single largest employers in the US. It was founded in 1901, more than a century ago, and still goes strong with numerous part-time job applications from fresh collegiate and youths around the year. The pay scale is also quite decent ranging from $9 to $14 for various hourly jobs like a sales associate to department supervisor. The environment is welcoming.
JCPenney Job Opportunities & Application Process
JCPenney receives applications for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by inexperienced employees as well. Applicants who are willing for a position in JCPenney can apply to be the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind is that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry-level positions, there exists no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
As a Cashier you are accountable for the customer service and sales experience including maintaining checkout standards; assisting with general operations such as Omnichannel, recovery and inventory; and upholding performance standards relative to shrink/safety and meeting performance standards associated with the role.
- Customer Service & Sales – Greets and assists customers while providing excellent customer service. Demonstrates WORTH behaviours consistently. Partners where needed for additional support. Actively and enthusiastic engages customers while working to resolve problems and assist with credit, rewards and gift card programs. Promotes Find more and other programs intended to drive sales and enhance customer service.
- Checkout Standards – Completes checkout processes including returns and re-ticketing. Assists with the signing and merchandising standards at all checkouts while stocking and merchandising Impulse Fixtures and replenishment. Proactively calls for assistance when additional help is needed in checkout. Utilizes Point of Sale on Mobile Warrior device to support line management.
- General Operations – Assists with Omnichannel efforts as needed. Assists with recovery, put backs and fitting room maintenance as needed. Participates in annual inventory processes
Sales Floor Associate
- Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
- Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
- Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
- Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and other
Manual and clerical inventory support in processing and verifying merchandise/cartons.
- Checks and inspects cartons to reflect accurate quantity and condition for further processing.
- Prepares cartons for processing by:
- Locating, preparing and affixing appropriate labels.
- Packing, labelling, and scanning cartons, as required.
- Sorting and routing cartons.
- Entering appropriate information in inventory systems as required.
- Loading, unloading, and picking, as required.
- Prepares merchandise for distribution, including:
- Checks inspects and logs data into the appropriate inventory systems to reflect the quantity and condition of merchandise received or distributed.
- Takes necessary steps to prepare merchandise for inventory and distribution.
- Inspects merchandise visually to determine disposition, as assigned.
- Enters/logs appropriate data into online systems, as required.
Sales Floor Assistant
As the Sales Floor Assistant, you are accountable for driving customer service to achieve profitable sales growth by leading and engaging associates, managing company merchandise standards and execution, training and developing associates and executing sales building programs.
Work Facts of JCPenney
How much does JCPenney pay an hour?
The average JCPenney Cashier hourly wage in the United States is approximately $11.39.
- 16 years old
JCPenney Working Hours
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Hourly Sales Support, Decorator Consultant, Salon Front Desk Associate, Salon Leader, Salon Associate, Optician, Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Mechanic, Men’s Apparel Sales Associate, Customer Service Representative, Visual Specialist, Customer Assistant, Pricing Associate, Signing Associate, Custom Decorating Installer, Checkout Clerk, Sephora Associate, Hair Stylist, Loss Prevention Officer, Associate Buyer, Replenish Associate, Customer Service Associate, Commissioned Sales Associate, Holiday Associate, Department Supervisor, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, Sales Manager, Set Execution Manager, Footwear Sales Associate, Fine Jewelry Sales Associate, Training Supervisor
JCPenney Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest JCPenney to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly having contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply JCPenney Jobs: visit Official Site