Kate Spade Job Application Online
As an outgrowing and developing company, Kate Spade receives applications for different departments of the company. Applicants who would like to work at Kate Spade can either provide their online application or directly can contact the human resources. This article mainly focuses on the applicable positions, detailed information about the current open positions and the application procedures. To have a deeper knowledge, only thing you need to do is to follow the requirements given in this article.
it all started back in 1993, when kate brosnahan spade, a former accessories editor at mademoiselle, set out to design the perfect handbag. debuting with just six silhouettes, she combined sleek, utilitarian shapes and colorful palettes in an entirely new way. and so kate spade new york was born.
women and fashion editors fell for the fresh, modern sensibility, and our first shop in new york city swiftly opened in 1996. as the company grew, our graphic approach and trademark wit created a visual shorthand for a brand recognizable the world over.
in 2007, spade turned the reins to design powerhouse kate spade & company (formerly known as liz claiborne, inc.). shortly after, deborah lloyd took the helm as president and chief creative officer with an aim to broaden the line while honoring our rich history. along with ceo craig leavitt, she quickly launched clothing and jewelry collections, quickly followed by the introduction of bedding, legwear and fragrance.
today we’ve grown into a global lifestyle brand, and aim to inspire colorful living through our handbags and clothing to jewelry, shoes, stationery, eyewear, baby, fragrance, tabletop, bedding and gifts.
all the while, we’ve never lost sight of who we are: our spirited approach, commitment to curiosity and passion for sharing our colorful world still shapes all that is kate spade new york.
Kate Spade Job Opportunities & Application Process
Kate Spade receives application for open positions almost every season: some of the positions require experience and deeper knowledge in the specific area whereas the rest can be applied by unexperienced employees as well. Applicant who are willing for a position in Kate Spade, can apply to the best fit for their future. However, the most important thing to keep in mind that the applicants are strictly expected to fulfill the age requirement. Nevertheless, for entry level positions, there exist no high-level qualification expectance, therefore, the sooner the application is made, the higher change the candidate has.
Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. From handbags to clothing and décor, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully. As a member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
general purpose of the position: responsible for strategic business development and daily operations with specific responsibility for sales result, profitability and staff development. responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
scope of responsibility: 6-9 stores
essential duties and responsibilities:
- meet and/or exceed store/district sales plans, control expenses and improve metrics for multi-store districts through leadership, training and development, coaching and personal example
- oversee sales development of the district by partnering with store leaders on business driving initiatives as well as store specific business plans
- communicate and achieve store productivity targets including sales per hour, adt, upt, and capture rate
- ensure members of management are effectively utilizing the divisions of responsibilities program to take ownership of the business in their respective areas
- conduct regular store visits to ensure standards are maintained, expectations are being achieved and action plans are developed in order to move the business forward
- coaching on all customer service issues in order to exceed customer expectations
- model and supervise the selling environment, provide consistent coaching on sales training process in order to ensure the highest level of client service and sales
- ensure visual merchandising directives are implemented efficiently as per direction and visual standards are maintained in your district at all times
- act as a liaison between stores, corporate partners, buyers and visual director to ensure that merchandise assortments reflect the brand strategy and stock levels are appropriate to meet the needs of the business
leadership presence/steward of talent
- understand and able to communicate the kate spade brand aesthetic, brand philosophy and lifestyle to the sales team and client
- responsible for the recruiting, interviewing and hiring of store team. develop a leadership talent pool to achieve succession planning goals for reporting location and district stores
- assist store leaders in training, coaching and development, customer service standards, standard operating procedures, impeccable visual standards and employee relations compliance
- ensure that all store training and development programs are implemented and monitored for success such as new hire on-boarding, clientele standards, and sales training
- touch base with each store leader on a weekly basis to gain an understanding of all aspects of their business including merchandising, staffing, operations, etc. provide consistent follow-up and feedback
- perform annual performance evaluations for direct reports while overseeing the process at the store level by providing feedback on all leadership and associate reviews
- network and create positive relationships in the community that result in business generation, awareness of kate spade brand and builds a bench strength of qualified candidates to fill key open positions
- oversee and control payroll budget and weekly hours within area to ensure appropriate sales floor coverage by reviewing stores schedule and adjusting as necessary to meet the needs of the business
- analyze and react to business trends regarding assortment, communicating sell-through, stock levels, opportunities to increase sales
- ensure district adheres to all company policies and prodecures with integrity
- directly responsible for coordinating and facilitating all aspects for new store openings and store renovations (hiring of team, opening process, orientation for new team members, training…)
- oversee maintenance and movement of inventory to ensure inventory shrinkage is less than 1%
- standing for extended periods of time
- able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
- comfortable climbing ladders
skills and abilities required:
- extensive travel required; extreme flexibility and adaptability to work schedule needed
- passion and desire for excellence by exceedingl goals successfully and consistently
- proven ability to develop and retain top talent
- proven ability to better business results year over year
- exceptional client service skills
- proven leadership and organizational skills
- strong business acumen; including retail math and P&L responsibility
- proven ability to work with retail operating systems
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- strong work ethic; ability to problem solve
education and experience required:
- college degree in related field preferred
- multi-store leadership experience
- 5+ years leadership experience in luxury goods or comparable retail environment
Work Facts of Kate Spade
- 18 years old
Kate Spade Working Hours
- Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Merchandise Handler, Key Holder, Shift Leader, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Buyer, Account Executive, Logistics Systems Specialist, Raw Materials Specialist, Visual Merchandiser, Visual Manager, International Marketing Assistant, Design Assistant, Loss Prevention Manager
Kate Spade Printable Application Form
If you could not find the proper position for your qualifications and make your online application from the current openings listed above, you would rather check, print and fill in the application form provided below for the position you search for at the nearest Kate Spade to your location. The current quota for the position you would like to apply for may have not been updated yet, therefore, you can take your first step to your application by directly have contact with the company.
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Kate Spade Jobs: Official Site.