dd’s Discounts Application & Jobs
You must submit dd’s Discounts job application correctly to the positions that are open to work at dd’s Discounts. Here you can find out which conditions you need to meet and how to apply for a dd’s Discounts job.
dd’s DISCOUNTS opened its first store in 2004 as the place to shop and save in your neighborhood. dd’s Discounts part of the Ross Family.
dd’s Discounts Positions & Salaries
You can find out how much dd’s Discounts pay its employees and how much they earn hourly.
We’ve also compiled important information you should know before applying for dd’s Discounts.
You can also find information such as what are the qualifications required for the relevant position, which mandatory requirements you must fulfill, what should be the graduation degree.
Early Morning Stock Associate
Stocking Associate earns between $14 – $16 per hour.
|El Paso, TX||Apply|
|El Paso, TX||Apply|
|All Locations (15+)||Check More|
The Retail Associate is responsible for ensuring our Customers have a positive shopping experience. The Associate makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a courteous and friendly manner, treats fellow Associates with respect, efficiently follows all company best practice standards as outlined in all work centers, maintains a clean work area at all times, and ensures proper merchandise presentation.
The Retail Associate is expected to be engaged in these tasks as assigned during all working hours and will be expected to perform a range of functions in all areas of the Store as business needs require. The Associate may be requested to perform additional tasks in specific situations, if performance of these tasks will help achieve our Customer service and operational goals.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Maintains clutter free, clear egress to emergency exits. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect and courtesy is friendly and professional at all times. Recognizes fellow Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Assists Customers in any way necessary – is register-trained, assists Customers with merchandise, and answers Customer questions in a polite and knowledgeable manner. Greets all Customers by making eye contact, smiling and saying “hello” throughout the Store as well as saying “thank you” with every register transaction.
- Provides prompt and efficient responses to Customers at all times. Responds to Customer Service calls immediately. Handles all Customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a member of the Store Leadership when needed.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping counters and mirrors, replenishing restroom supplies, and disinfecting high-touch areas including the front-end, sales floor and restrooms to help maintain merchandise, customer and Team areas.
- Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to the Company’s dress code at all times.
- Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping counters and mirrors, and replenishing restroom supplies to help maintain merchandise, customer and Team areas.
- Performs daily assigned sizing and recovery per company best practice to ensure a neat, clean and organized store that is well-maintained and efficiently merchandised to standards.
- Expedites newly received merchandise receipts to the sales floor with a sense of urgency, merchandising all items per company best practice to the monthly presentation guidelines and maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments to assist Customers.
- Understands the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the Shortage Highway, the Store Protection Specialist (SPS) position (where applicable), and merchandise protection standards.
- As a representative of Ross Inc., demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers. Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information, and merchandise.
- Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock (MOS) policies, including the identification of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece and the notification of Store Leadership to review and approve all disposals.
- Follows all policies and procedures concerning cash, check, charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures. Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling bankable tenders.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to efficiently perform their role. Maximizes productivity by executing all Store best practices and minimizing steps and touches in their work flow.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Effectively communicate with Customers, Associates and Store Leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant manner.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
- Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
- Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 pounds.
- Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
- Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
- Associates who work Stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly push, pull and lift more than 20 pounds.
Effectively communicate with Customers, Associates and Store Leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant manner. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
Retail Sales Associate earn between $12 – $14 per hour.
|All Locations (55+)||Check More|
Store Protection Specialist
High School education or equivalent required, AA degree preferred. One year retail supervisor experience or similar training preferred. One year loss prevention/security training preferred. Active Security Guard License preferred Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Strong communication skills.
|All Locations (45+)||Check More|
This position provides a visible presence at the Store entrances/exits, mitigating theft and fraud and maintaining a safe and secure environment for Associates and Customers. The Specialist makes eye contact, smiles, and greets all Customers in a prominent, courteous and friendly manner deterring opportunity for theft by demonstrating “command” presence in a Company issued vest/required black attire, and monitoring the Code 50 package inspection policy. Walks sales floor to identify and address potential theft indicators, as directed by Store Leadership. Partners with Store Leadership to ensure compliance with Loss Prevention directives and minimization of operational shortage. Must embrace Company values and have a mentality to protect the Ross treasure.
Maintaining Safe & Secure Environment:
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do and assists Store Leadership in maintaining a safe and secure environment for both Associates and Customers.
- Provides visible “command” presence, including prominent greetings with eye contact, at Store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a Company issued vest/required black attire, monitoring for potential safety issues.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships:
- Provides great Customer service by prominently greeting Customers, making eye contact, smiling and answering questions in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Treats all Customers and Associates with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Regular involvement with internal and external partners. May include conference calls, scheduled district meetings, educating Associates, providing recognition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support Loss Prevention initiatives.
Personal and Store Brand
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company dress code.
How do I apply for a job at dd’s Discounts?
When you click on the link below, you will see some filtering options on the screen that will welcome you. These; Keyword, Brand, Career Area, Location are things that will make your job easier to find the position you are looking for.
dd’s Discounts, which is part of Ross Store, also publishes job postings on the Ross store website. Make sure “dd’s Discounts” is selected in the “Brand” section when you click the link. When you find the position suitable for you, click on the “APPLY NOW” link to complete your application.