Menards Online Application
Menards is a family-owned chain and it is also operated by the same family. The company was founded in 1960 and it focuses on selling home improvement products for the indoors and outdoors. Menards usually offers a unique focus on employee development and there are both short-term entry-level positions and managerial positions available for job seekers who are interested in taking a part in this industry.
Menards Job Opportunities
Menards has a growing number of stores and it offers job opportunities to fill the positions to maintain these high number of stores. Job opportunities offered by the company are generally for job seekers who are in the Midwestern United States. The job opportunities offered by Menards include entry-level store positions, distribution jobs, and employment in manufacturing plants to careers in the corporate office. Menards is considered as a relatively small company which prefers promoting from within. So, job seekers may begin from an entry-level position and lead to a supervisor position through time and experience. To be able to lead to managerial positions, employees are expected to acquire the skills that are needed for positions such as manager trainee or human resource coordinator. So, it is also essential to gain experience in transitioning positions. In addition to these, there are also internship programs offered to university students. These intern positions enable students to gain experience by working with a reliable company like Menards.
It is possible for individuals with different backgrounds, experiences, and educations to gain employment at Menards. As for gaining employment in in-store positions, applicants with previous work experience in management, retail, and hospitality are considered ideal. Moreover, it proves to be advantageous during the hiring process to have knowledge or previous work experience in the lumber of construction industries. Job seekers with formal experience or education are always preferable by Menards. In addition, it is very essential for applicants to demonstrate willingness and ability to learn quickly. Showing that they have passion and amiability is very appreciated by the company and it helps applicants go through the hiring process very easily.
Menards Positions and Salary Information
To be able to gain employment Menards, it is a requirement to be at least 18 years old. This enable high school students work at Menards, as well. For entry-level positions, it is not necessary to have previous work experience. You can find the necessary information about the positions offered by Menards below:
Cashier – Cashiers are usually stationed at store entrances. It is vital for cashiers to leave lasting and positive impressions on customers. Those who will be able to work weekends, evening, and early morning hours are preferable by the company since this position requires working irregular schedules. It is not required to have previous work experience to be able to gain employment as a cashier. But it is still essential for applicants to have some familiarity with the retail industry, which puts them in an advantageous position during the hiring process. Cashiers are mainly responsible for efficiently ringing up customer items. They may also be asked to bag merchandise neatly, and promote rewards programs. This position is available both as part-time and full-time. It is up to applicants to choose one of these options. When it comes to the salary, cashiers usually make up to $10.00 per hour. Those who aspire to be head cashiers are able to earn $12.00 to $12.00 per hour through hard work, experience, and determination.
Sales Associate – Menards is looking for employees fill the sales associate positions. A preferable employee for Menards is expected to be upbeat and personable. Moreover, it is also essential for applicants to be self-motivated to be able to gain employment as a sales associate. Another important feature is to have organizational skills. Sales associates are mainly responsible for oversee the overall cleanliness and presentation of stores and merchandise and they usually occupy the sales floors. What is more, sales associates are expected to interact with customers, and answer questions when necessary. It is also considered among the responsibilities of a sales associate to offer product suggestions based on customer needs. Applicants applying for sales associate position should either possess knowledge of merchandise or demonstrate the ability to learn about store products, which proves to be very advantageous during the hiring process. When it comes to the salary, sales associates usually earn the minimum wage.
Department Manager – Job enthusiasts who want to follow a career path are able to find managerial job opportunities offered by Menards. To be able to gain employment as a department manager, applicants are required to have substantial knowledge on home improvement products and tactics. As for education, it is a must to possess high school diplomas or the equivalent. Moreover, it proves to be advantageous to have completed college. In order to be included in consideration, applicants are expected to have previous work experience in a related industry since this is a full-time position with heightened responsibility. Department managers are mainly responsible for taking inventory, supervising associates, providing customers with detailed tips for using products in assigned department, handling pay roll, creating staff work schedules, and responding to customer concerns and complaints directly and quickly. When it comes to the salary, they usually earn $28,000 to $35,000 per year.
Production Team Member – Production Team Members work efficiently, in a safe manner, maintain high quality standards, and help to ensure that guest expectations are met. Positions include forklift operation, machine operation, and product assembly. There are many advancement opportunities to move into leadership positions and grow with the company.
- Loading material in the warehouse, yard, and onto outgoing trucks.
- Manual counting and scanning of units.
- Scanning products into computer system and using computer to pick orders.
Machine Operation positions
- Learn the machine controls to ensure that product is assembled or produced properly.
- Use pneumatic gun, automatic bander and application of ID labels.
- Perform any necessary corrective actions to maintain a quality product.
- Communicate with incoming shift all issues and necessary information regarding facility operations.
- Take proactive measures to report any/all possible future equipment problems to management.
Warehouse Team Member – Warehouse Team Members are responsible for loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products into and out of the Distribution Center.
- Follow Menards safety policies and procedures and encourage other Team Members to do the same
- Safely operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks, such as loading, unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products
- Work cooperatively and productively with other Team Members in order to complete tasks under little supervision
- Unload Product:
- Correctly label and stack product on skid and shrink-wrap to properly secure
- Load trucks according to cubic weight, size and characteristics
- Provide outstanding service to stores by maintaining attention to detail and completing assigned work in a timely manner
- Maintain condition of Distribution Center work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.)
- Perform safety check of powered industrial vehicle prior to operation
- Locate product in warehouse using manifest or scanning system
- Use hand-held scanning equipment to add or subtract product from inventory
- Record quantity of product actually loaded onto manifest system
- Ensure accuracy of load by verifying quantity with computer inquiry screens
- Perform Trailer Audit (Verify Trailer #, Cleanliness, Condition) prior to loading and inform supervisor of any deficiencies
- Transport product from production/receiving areas using powered industrial vehicle
- Additional duties assigned by Distribution Center Management
- All shifts must be flexible and require weekend rotating work
- Physical demands:
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, bending, climbing, and lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward
- Warehouse environment can expose Team Members to temperature fluctuations (hot/cold), noise, dust, and uneven walking surfaces
- Lift up to 50 lbs. frequently; lift up to 70 lbs. occasionally
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug test as part of Menards Drug Free Workplace Policy
- Preferred qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED
- One year of distribution or warehouse experience
- Experience operating pallet jacks and forklifts
Work Facts of Menards
- 18 years old
Menards Working Hours
- Monday-Friday: 7:00am-10:00pm;
- Saturday: 7:00am-9:00pm;
- Sundau: 8:00am-8:00pm
- Sales Associate, Stock Associate, Morning Stock Associate, Guest Service Associate, Shipping Clerk, Receiving Clerk, Commercial Sales Contractor, Imports Specialist, Printed Advertising Technician, General Laborer, Data Entry Clerk, Project Manager, Quality Assurance Developer, Fleet Mechanic, Merchandising Office Assistant, Manager in Training, Department Manager, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Post Frame Estimator, Controller, Maintenance Mechanic, Warehouse Team Member, Maintenance Manager, Intern, Cashier
Printable Application PDF/Form: No.
How to Apply Menards Jobs: Official Site.